At Active Stars Holiday Club we take your privacy seriously and are committed to ensuring that your personal data is protected in accordance with data protection laws and used in line with your expectations.
This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we will store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
We do appreciate there is a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how Active Stars uses your data; for example we will explain things such as the legal reason for processing your personal data and how we ensure that your data is protected. We hope the following information will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
When we refer to “we”, “us” or “our”, we mean Active Stars Holiday Club.
Who we are
Active Stars Holidays Club is a half term and school holiday club offering childcare and activities in Stanway, Colchester. Active Stars Holiday Club’s company registration number is 11058699 with its registered office address at North Colchester Business Centre, 340 The Crescent, Colchester, Essex, CO4 9AD.
The legal basis for handling your data
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which an organisation may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example when you tick a box to receive email newsletters, or when we send you certain marketing information.
We also rely on consent when you allow us to take images of your child to advertise and document our day to be displayed on our website or on our Active Stars Holiday Club Facebook page.
We require your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, by booking with us, we require personal details for the child attending the holiday club, as well as a designated Emergency contact name and details of the booking parents or carer. We require this information to provide the best possible care for the child for their time with us during their booked session for the school holiday. It is important for us to gather information about the booking parent or carer and another appointed emergency contact to enable the holiday club to contact the parent/carer/named designated person in any emergency or other necessary requirement regarding the child.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, where we have child protection concerns we are obligated to pass the information on to law enforcement and the relevant department within the Local Authority.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we will also send our members information about sector updates and policy changes by email to support practice and development. We may email you after you have booked a day at Active Stars or have attended one of our half term or school holiday clubs to gain feedback or advice of upcoming events.
When do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data when you:
- Visit our websites, and create a new account, use your account to book days, Early or Extra Stars sessions, or submit an enquiry, on the phone or online.
- Comment on or review our services or take part in one of our competitions.
- Request to download a document, we ask for your name, your email address. We use this information to email you a link to download the requested document.
- Book any kind of appointment with us, book to attend a half term or school holiday event.
- When you communicate with us via social media and to gather support for our campaigns.
- Choose to complete any surveys and you choose to provide your personal details.
- Have given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you in order to use our services.
- Complete our booking form to use one of our services
- Apply for a job to work for us.
- The Stanway School may use CCTV systems operated for security purposes. These systems may record your image during your visit.
- Contact us by any means with queries, etc.
What sort of data do we collect and how we use your information?
We want to deliver excellent customer service. In order to achieve this we do need to have relevant information about our service users.
The types of data we collect and how we use it
- When you book our services online, we ask you for your child’s name, age of child, school attended allergy/medical/SEND information, address, name and contact telephone number, email address, credit card or other payment information. We will also send you a receipt via email and we may use your telephone number to contact you regarding your booking.
- If your booking information is different to the name of the paying individual, we will ask for their details for security purposes
- We may also email you after your enquiry in order to follow up on your interest and ensure that we have answered it to your satisfaction.
- You may be able to participate in research, surveys, prize draws and other promotions. If you choose to participate in these surveys, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, contact information, feedback and survey responses. We use your personal data to give greater insight and accuracy into our research and we may also contact you to provide further information regarding your response. We will also use your personal data to administer our prize draws (where applicable). If you request further information we will use your personal data to respond to the request. We may also use this information to develop and improve our services and our customer relationships (where relevant).
- If you communicate with our information Services team requesting guidance or further information we will ask for information such as your name, e-mail address and telephone number. We will use this information to respond to and communicate with you about your questions, comments or enquiry.
- If you use one of our settings we will require information about your child to be able to support their welfare, health and development needs. In addition: D.O.B, your address and emergency contact details.
- We collect your comments and feedback, verbal, written and comments from our Facebook page in order to gather evidence or support when we run an advertising campaign. We do not share your personal data, only your comments.
- In order to use some of our local services we will require details about you and your children, including health, development and behavioural issues.
- In some cases we may require evidence of documentation to be able to use certain services or to take up employment with us.
- We will ask for your consent to use your name and email address to email you our newsletter which contains information about our services, special offers, and sector update information which we feel might be of interest to you.
- If you have a complaint about one of our services we will normally require your name, contact details and relevant information about your concern, in order to be able to resolve the matter.
- There may also be CCTV footage of people entering and leaving the service buildings. Where any criminal or alleged criminal activity is highlighted, directly or indirectly from any footage we have then we will share this data with law enforcement agencies as appropriate.
Disclosing information relating to a third party
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with the terms of this notice.
Who do we share your data with?
We sometime share your data with trusted third parties which include:
IT companies that support our website development and support other business related software.
Banking services to process payments.
Marketing companies that help us manage our marketing communications for example an e-newsletter platform or online survey.
Our insurance underwriter (only where applicable).
In some cases we may have a legal obligation to share your personal data with the following organisations:
- If we are legally required to do so, for example, by a law enforcement agency, court or local government department that deals with child protection issue.
- To enforce or apply the terms and conditions of your contract with us;
- If it is necessary to protect our rights, property or safety or to protect the rights, property or safety of others.
- If we transfer the management out or take over any other organisation or part of it (including us), in which case we may disclose your personal data.
How do we protect your data?
We take the security of your personal data seriously. We have internal policies and strict controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed and to prevent unauthorised access. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Where we engage third parties to process personal data on our behalf, they:
- are obligated to comply with the requirements of data protection laws;
- are obligated to only use the data for the purpose/s for which it was supplied;
- are under a duty of confidentiality; and are required to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your data.
Where do we store your data?
All data you provide to us is stored on secure computers or servers located within the UK. We may also store paper records in locked filing cabinets or locked cupboards.
Our third party processors will also store your data on secure IT systems which will be situated in the UK. They may also securely store data in paper files.
Your credit card details are passed to a third-party payment processor. We do not retain your payment information.
For how long do we keep your data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Automated Decision Making
We may monitor, analyse, and compile statistical and performance information based on and/or related to your use of the services, in an aggregated and anonymised format. We may also use your personal information to communicate with you about our services and promotions.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- request to access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- request that we change incorrect or incomplete data; and
- request that we delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
Where we rely on consent to processing your personal data you can request to withdraw your consent at any time for example, you may choose to stop receiving one of our newsletters by clicking the unsubscribe link in any e-mail we send to you or email to inform us of your wish to no longer be contacted.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
How to contact the Information Commissioner Office (ICO)
If we are not able to address your concern, please raise a complaint with our Managing Director at Laura@activestarsholidayclub.co.uk or 07521514877.
If you are concerned about the way your data is handled and remain dissatisfied after raising your concern with us, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted at Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or https://ico.org.uk/
Changes to this notice
We keep this notice under review. Any changes to this notice will be make you aware by notification by email, advised on our Facebook page and posted on our website, so that you may be aware of how we use your data at all times.